Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nak

Default missing cell borders in Excel

Sorry. Forgot to mention, Win XP Pro (SP2) / Office 2003.

--
Nak

"Nak" wrote:

7-Mar-06

Hope this is the correct Forum for this (Excel General Questions).

Don't know much about Excel (just mainly Word). A typist lady here lost some
cell borders (left and/or right) in just a few rows/columns scattered about
the work sheet. Problem (if it is a problem) seems to start just outside the
filled data columns that I see. For example, there is one such odd cell just
down at the right corner of the last data column and last data row junction
where it looks like the
border between 2 cells has disappeared.

Difficult to explain. Lady not much English and I not much Thai and know
nothing
much about Excel. Don't know how much she knows about Excel nor why she
claims this is a problem. Says she worked 5 yrs with it and never seen this
before.
Think she's blaming me because I did some work in Word on that comp. Happened
before with other little things.

Thought it was memory/graphics/re-draw problem or to do w/ hide/unhide grid
lines, corrupted file, and so on. But not look like. Went thru the
Tools\Options routine and MS Excel Help ad infinitum. Saved copy to .sylk,
html, etc. format, inserted in Word, what have you and also tried the "repair
Excel workbook" thing -
all at another computer I copied it to - but nothing restores those missing
borders.

When I click in those odd cells though, I still get the heavy black outline
cursor
rectangle (whatever you call it) around each individual cell. This indicates,
to me anyway, that all is well with the cells and it may just be a border
problem.
Unfortunately I don't know enough about Excel to work in it and prove my
point to her.

I don't know, maybe somehow the cells in some rows (across 1 thru 3 columns)
got merged.

What's happening? Any ideas anyone?

--
Nak