Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Default Easy way to count cells within date range

With your dates in say A1:G20, and the two date paremeters in say A26 and
A27 (Earliest in A26, latest in A27)

=COUNTIF(A1:G20,""&A25)-COUNTIF(A1:G20,"="&A26)

This will count dates that fall between those two.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"wurstfreund" wrote in message
Here's a challenge (perhaps):
My boss wants me to come up with the easiest way possible to count the
number of cells containing dates on a spreadsheet that fall within a date
range.
The only ways I might typically do this would involve using DCOUNT() or
COUNTIF(), both of which are a tad unweidly. Is there some easier way of
doing this?