Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I search and replace with a line break?

Jihn

To really see what's in there, download Chip Pearson's CELLVIEW add-in.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:15:05 -0800, JohnH
wrote:

I'm trying the reverse of this issue. I have cells that has some kind of
special character in it. I'm assuming its a return but I don't know for
certain. I don't have access to the original data. I want to replace whatever
it is with a space. I tried the looking for alt 0010, alt 0013, alt 0015 ( 3
seperate finds) but nothing was found. is there a way I can find out exactly
what special characters this thing is?

Excel 2000

Thanks
John

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

In the "Find What" box of the Replace dialog, hold down your left ALT key
and type 0010 on the numeric keypad (not the number keys above the letters).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Impish" wrote in message
Want to use Ctrl-H to replace a specific character in a range of cells
with a
line break (Alt+Enter) - how do I access special characters? (^p didn't
work)