Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott@CW Scott@CW is offline

Default using VLookup with two variables to get results

C5 is storing a date list (JAN07, FEB07,MAR07)
C6 is storing a list of names

What i need is for it to match the values of c5 and c6 then go over 17
columns and give me the contents of column "R" for the match.

"Dave F" wrote:

VLOOKUP operates on one matched value.

Maybe something like
=IF(ISNUMBER(AND(MATCH(C6,DATA!B1:R1999,0),MATCH(C 5,DATA!B1:R1999,0))),"MATCH","NOT MATCHED")

??

Dave

"Scott@CW" wrote:

I have a worksheet that is completely formula driven. It pulls all its data
from a worksheet within the same workbook. The worksheet is operated by two
data valadation lists. I need to see if I can use a Vlookup or something to
pull a comment box from one worksheet, depending on the information from the
two data valadation boxes. I was using the below formula when there was just
one variable. Please help.

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C5,DATA!B1:R1999,17,FALSE)),"N o

the other list is in C6