Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I search and replace with a line break?

I'm not quite sure what your question means, but you can also use ctrl-j instead
of alt-0010 in both the edit|replace dialog as well as the Other character in
the data|text to columns dialog.

Kathy wrote:

Chip, Is it possible to change the line break to "Text to Columns"

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

In the "Find What" box of the Replace dialog, hold down your left ALT key
and type 0010 on the numeric keypad (not the number keys above the letters).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Impish" wrote in message
Want to use Ctrl-H to replace a specific character in a range of cells
with a
line break (Alt+Enter) - how do I access special characters? (^p didn't
work)

--

Dave Peterson

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.