Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum of numbers with only two decimal places wrong

You could use the "Precision as displayed" option (tools / options... "Calculation" tab, check
"Precision as displayed" - but be careful with that since you can lose precision), or wrap your SUM
formula in a ROUND function.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Excelgonecrazy" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet 53000 lines long, with a set of numbers in it.
Each number is only two decimals long although previously was longer.
I have used both the functions Round and Fixed to two decimal places. I have
copied and paste values and tried several different formats.

My issue is when I sum these numbers I get a result of 0.000000078768567858
How am I getting this result from numbers that should only be two decimal
places?
Is there a format or formular that will give me exactly two decimal places
so when added it will only give me a result of two decimal places even when I
view a large number of decimal places as above.