Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
falena23 falena23 is offline

Default Find & Replace - Limit search to a specific column

I've recently switched from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. I understood that one
could limit a Find / Replace to a column by selecting that column before CTRL
+ H. This works if you select Replace All - but if you select Find All then
Replace All - then the replace will take place in all columns.
You can see why this is - the focus in the spreadsheet goes from the column
to the first cell found.
Nowhere in HELP is there any information on this. Also checking a couple of
Excel tips sites they suggest selecting the column first but do not warn
about the anomaly above. As I'm working on over a 100,000 rows I find it more
than a nuisance.
Any suggestions on how you can keep Find/Replace working in a single column
will be much appreciated