Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I put numbers in order into each cell of a worksheet?

Kenny

See comments in-line................

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:24:04 -0700, KennyD
wrote:

I need to place numbers in order into each cell. I am making a schedule where
I will write info into each cell, but each cell has to have it's own number?

A cell can contain data or a formula. You want each cell to also be numbered
like 001, 002, 003 etc.?

In A1 enter 1...........right-click and drag down then release and "Fill Series"

Format these cells as Custom 000

But where will you be entering your schedule info?

001, 002, 003, etc. I have excel 2003.

Also, how do I put the day/date for each sheet on the top of each sheet? One

Where at the top of the sheet? In a cell?

sheet is for one day, but I need for each sheet to have the correct day/date
on it,

How does Excel decide which is the correct day/date?

and I want to be able to print a month at a time.

You want to print all the sheets for each month?

I am not sure what you want here. Could you provide more detail or wait for one
of the psychics to drop in with some suggestions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP