Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default shortcut has change or move so this shortcut can not open

"...when you look at it on the disk it says ,977bytes..."
Can you verify the size of the file please? 977 bytes is more like the size
of a shortcut file, not of an Excel file. Could it be that you saved a
shortcut to the file and not the file itself? What is the name of the file
you are examining?

And why not open Excel and browse directly to the file and open it instead
of trying to open it through a shortcut?

"bakerstreet" wrote:

I haveMicroscoft office exc 2003, i save my work to a dvd disk ..
but now i cant open my file on exel, and now i cant even open it on the dvd
disk i saved it too, when i try to open it it says ( problem with shortcut,
the item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this
shortcut will no longer work properly , do you want to delete this shortcut ?
) if i try to open it in any way it allways comes back to the same thing,
when tou look at in on the disk it says ,977bytes so it must be on there.. so
please please can someone tell me can i open it .. urgent urgent,,,,
thanks Paul