Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default How do i get Excel not to drop my 1st zero (02360)

The same way you format cells prior to entering data.

Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells..., enter a format of 00000.
To copy this format quickly, right click on the fill handle, drag down,
release the mouse button, and choose Fill Formatting only.

Regards,
Fred.

"apj" wrote in message
Ihave tried formatting the column before I start typing my zip codes and
that
works great, however I have a list typed up already highlighting then
changing it to text does not work... how do I format a list I have typed
already to show the 0.

"Yaesu Man" wrote:

I have been trying to type in zip codes that begin with the number 0 in
the
the 1st number. How do I get it to stay in there?