RagDyer

One way to accomplish this cursor movement is described in this old post:

http://tinyurl.com/39vzv

As to the second question,

*Don't Use Merged Cells*

Use "Center Across Selection" instead.

Select the cells to combine, then:
<Format <Cells <Alignment tab,
Expand the "horizontal" box and choose
"Center Across Selection"
--

HTH,

RD

"Andy100" wrote in message
I have a database in which i input values. It has Surname, Forename, Date of
Birth, etc etc. How do i get excel to open up in cell 'Surname' as a
default, then when i press the tab key i want it to go straight to DOB, then
Forename ?

i.e. to tab from, say cell B5 straight to D8 then to E1, hope this makes
sense !!

Also, i want to copy cell B1 in sheet 1 to B1 in sheet 2, but because it is
a merged cell I just get #VALUE in sheet 2. How would i copy the text from
B1 sheet 1 to B1 sheet 2 in my example ?

Cheers
Andy