Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default HELP!: Excel should feature a highlighted row/column cursor

Yes that should be possible.

Change the highlighting code to this

'----------------------------------------------------------------
'----------------------------------------------------------------
ThisWorkbook.Names.Add "'" & Me.Name & "'!_HiLite", True

Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With Target
With .EntireRow
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
.Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With
End With
With .EntireColumn
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
.Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With
End With

.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With

and add this printing code

Dim hilite As Boolean
With ActiveSheet
hilite = False
On Error Resume Next
hilite = Evaluate(.Names(ActiveSheet.Name & _
"!__Hilite").RefersTo)
On Error GoTo 0
If hilite Then
.FormatConditions.Delete
End If
End With
End Sub

This is workbook event code.
To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks),
select View Code from the menu, and paste the code

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Indiana Jay" wrote in message
Dear Bob,

I tried this at work this morning and it was excellent! I really

appreciate
the tip. However, as I do not use macros much and am not familiar with

event
codes, when I went to print the highlight showed on the printout. ):

Is there a way to turn this off for printing purposes?

Thanks,

Jay

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Well I hope you get your wish and sorry for trying to help.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Indiana Jay" wrote in message
I don't want some workaround macro, I want the feature built in.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

This has been previously posted here http://tinyurl.com/bhhnr

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Indiana Jay" <Indiana wrote in

message
I would like to highlight a row or column with my cursor and have

it
scroll
as I move my cursor so that I can see what items are in the same
row/column
that my cursor is in.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,

click
the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...id=50c21b19-ae
38-4a89-a0a9-b17ffcf73a30&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc