Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default Cell text based on 4 condition test

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(AND(COUNT(D1:D3)=3,D2=0,D3=0),"Real
Estate",IF(AND(COUNT(D1:D3)=3,D20,D3=0),"Real Estate and Personal
Property",IF(AND(COUNT(D1:D3)=3,D2=0,D30),"Real Estate and Business
Interests",IF(COUNTIF(D1:D3,"0")=3,"Real Estate, Personal Property, and
Business Interests",""))))

Biff

"Bob Wall" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I have 3 cells that I need to test for 4 possible conditions, and want to
have a nearby cell return text based on the test results:

Column C Column D
1 Realty 1 (can be any number 1 to 4)
2 Personal 0 (can be any number 0 to 3)
3 Business 0 (can be any number 0 to 10)

In a nearby cell, I'd like to have text returned based on the values
entered in cells D1, D2, and D3.

(D1 will always be at least one, so the text will always start with "Real
Estate")

Here are the conditions:
If D2 = 0 and D3 = 0, the text should read only "Real Estate"
If D2 0 and D3 = 0, the text should read "Real Estate & Personal
Property"
if D2 = 0 and D3 0, the text output should be " Real Estate and Business
Interests"

lastly,
If D2 0 and D3 0, the text should read "Real Estate, Personal
Property, and Business Interests"

I know there is probably a mega formula involving IFs, ANDs, ORs, or
AREYOUKIDDINGs lurking in here, but I can't get my arms around it. I'd
like to avoid vba coding this one, but I will do that if someone has an
elegant solution to offer :-)

As always, thanks in advance!
BW