Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
travis travis is offline

Default Highlight cell on screen but not when printed?

Thanks Gord, but that's not really what I meant. That would just give me a
gray highlight rather than a colored highlight on the printed result.

An example of what I want to do is to color certain cells, say, green. When
one of my employees uses my excel model, she will know that all input
variables are highlighted in green, and that she is free to change the values
in these cells. She will also know not to make any changes to cells that
aren't green, because those cells contain formulas or constants.

Our clients don't see the excel model -- they only see the printed results.
The distinction between variables, constants and formulas is not important to
our clients, only to me and my employees. Consequently, I don't want anything
showing up on the printed results that indicates the distinction.

In short, I want a shorthand visual means (in this case, color-coding) of
communicating something only to the excel user and not to the person viewing
the printed results.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Assuming highlight means to color the cells.........

Set print options to Black and White

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:11:12 -0800, Travis
wrote:

I'd like to be able to highlight cells in my spreadsheet to call attention to
someone working in the spreadsheet, but I'd like it to be invisible to the
reader of the printed schedule. Is that possible? Thanks.