Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Helge's Helge's is offline

Default Calculate NPV - Array must be flexible

On 19 Jan, 06:13, "Fred Smith" wrote:
What determines that you want to start with the -200 value cell and end with
the 30 value cell? If, for example, you have other variables which say start
at the 3rd cell and end at the 10th cell, just use those to formulate the
range to feed to NPV.

Regards,
Fred.

"Helge's" wrote in message

I have a database with different dataset. That is the input to a
worksheet that calculate NPV.

The array that I want to calculate NPV could look like this:

0
0
-200
50
50
50
-10
40
30
-20
-20
-20

The array for this dataset must be from -200 to 30. How could the
arrayargument in the NPV-function look like? I am thinking of using
OFFSET or some kind of Arrayfunction.– Skjul sitert tekst –

– Vis sitert tekst –

It shall start the first place with a number (different from 0). Next
dataset might have a number in the 5th cell. The last cell (in this
case is 30) is the last cell with a postiv number. In this case it
continue with only negative values (-20).