Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Corey[_2_] Corey[_2_] is offline

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

Sounds like you have a Validation List and need a Control Combobox.
It will have a visible arrow always.
Do this:
1). Right Click on the top toolbar to Ensure Control ToolBox is ticked
2). 9th Icon on the toolbar is a Combobox
3). Click it and drag it in place over a cell you want it to be shown on.
Ensure 1st Icon has a Square around it(Desging Mode)
4). Double click the Combobox on the sheet to view the code
It should say:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

End Sub

Click the Small drop arrow on the Right side, next to the CHANGE in the box,
and select DropButton_Click
Should then look like this:

Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButtonClick()

End Sub

5). Enter the Code to populate the cells data you want to load in it
eg.
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButtonClick()
ComboBox1.Clear
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A1")
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A2")
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A3")
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A4")
ComboBox1.AddItem Sheet1.Range("A5")
End Sub

6). Uncheck the Design Icon(1st icon on Control Toolbar again)removing the
square.

Click the Combobox to see if the values show in the box.

Corey....

"angela" wrote in message
Hi Jenny,

Did you manage to create the drop down box that is visible? If yes, can
you
give me a step by step idiot guide 'cos I have been struggling the past
week
without success.

tq vm,
angela

"skittles_golf" wrote:

I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny