Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default How Do I put items,(names)inside DV dropdown?

Sassy
Select the cell in which you want the DV.
Click on Data - Data Validation.
In the "Allow" area, select "List".
In the "Source" area type your data, for instance "a,b,c,d,e,f" without the
quotes. Your list would then be the letters a thru f.
If your list is more extensive and you don't want to type it all out, enter
your list items in sequential cells somewhere in your file. Name that list
something, say MyList. You name a list by selecting all the cells in the
list, click on Insert - Name - Define and type in MyList. Then in the
"Source" area of your DV setup type "=MyList" without the quotes. Click OK.
Done. HTH Otto
"Sassy" wrote in message
I'm starting over from scratch....

So How do I get my info inside the DV drop down list? If anyone knows
please give me step by step instructions.

"Brainless_in_Boston" wrote:

Peo - you clearly know much more than me. Where is the "Office" button? I
certainly don't see it in my Excel icons...

MD
Boston, MA USA

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode
button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox from
the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to
make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now
the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not
quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny