Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
beginner beginner is offline

Default macro to copy columns from one sheet to another sheet

On Oct 13, 11:56*am, Don Guillett wrote:
One way change destination sheet and fire from active sheet
Sub copycolumns1()
With Sheets("sheet20")
For i = 1 To Cells(1, Columns.Count) _
.End(xlToLeft).Column Step 3
Columns(i).Copy .Cells(1, .Cells(1, Columns.Count) _
.End(xlToLeft).Column + 1)
Next i
End With
End Sub

On Oct 13, 9:13*am, beginner wrote:

I have over 120 columns on one sheet and I would like to copy and
paste every 3rd column onto another sheet. *I started to "record"
macro, but was wondering if there was a way to write code for this?

so I have something like this:

x * * * * * *y * * * * *z * * * * * x * * * * *y * * * * *z ...
1
1
2
3
8
7,etc..

I would like to copy all of the "x" column values onto another sheet.
Any solutions?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

I tried it (as is) but it did not work. Is there something I will
need to modify to fit my application specifically?

For example, I got an error with the below:

With Sheets("sheet20") ||I changed the name from "sheet20" to the
current sheet I am working in...this is probably wrong.

Also got an error he
Columns(i).Copy .Cells(1, .Cells(1, Columns.Count) _ ||the macro
also stopped when I got here as .Cells was not specified

Basically I would like to copy the columns (every 3rd column) from
sheet 1 and put them in sheet 2 automatically.