Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How to format whole column negative value, Excel

Hi,

1. there is no SUBTRACT or DIFFERENCE function in Excel
2. I would use =A1-B1 and coping it down
3. However, you can convert all the entries in column B to negatives as
follows. In a blank cell enter -1. Select that cell and copy it. Then
select the numbers in column B and choose Edit, Paste Special, Multiply.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"PES" wrote:

I want to make a whole column negative currency value so that the sum of
A+B=Difference. This is to remove the entries in B from the customers
responsibility.
Or should one just use the formula, =A-B, and format the appearance of the
remainder column?
Am I correct: that Excel does not have a function for DIFFerence or
SUBTraction?