Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default How do I change the color of the cell pointer?

Yes Gridlines and Borders are different. The way you referred to them
lead me to believe you had specifically placed borders on the sheet. You
may elect to show Gridlines or not, and and cell with fill will not
have them(they will be hidden). So use borders if you want some control
over the appearance.

I Stevens wrote:

Thank you for your answer. However, I have to disagree with you on the fact
that gridlines and borders are not exactly the same. Gridlines are
automatically incorporated into all spreasheets which divides the spreasheet
into series of columns and rows. Borders are not automatically incorporated
into the spreadsheets, yet is within the user's control to add borders to
darken the gridlines. I know the difference.

My concern is having a way of changing the cell pointer or the cursor's
color to quickly identify its location. If it is not possible than I will
make other arrangements to the actual spreadsheet as you previously suggested
in changing the color of the borders to my spreadsheet.

Thanks again for your help.

"Bob I" wrote:

Yes the "gridlines" you place on the sheet are called borders.

I Stevens wrote:

Are you stating that there is no way to change the color of the actual
cursor? But it would be easier to just change the gridlines that I currently
have in place.

"Bob I" wrote:

Change the Color of the borders you applied.

I Stevens wrote:

When I do a search of a particular entry, it's very difficult to identify
where the cell pointer is because it's in black and I have gridlines on my
spreadsheet. Is there a way that I can change the color of the cell pointer
to help with quickly identifying the search result?

.

.