Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

As dates are whole numbers just subtract one from the other and format the
cell as general as it will automatically format it as a date

Remember: you can't have negative dates in Excel (without some changes)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"K. Mack" wrote in message
Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing
but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.