Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How to substitute a comma with a newline char using Replace.

You *did* say that you wanted this list to be in a *single* cell ... didn't
you?

If so, both suggestions will work "as advertised"!

After selecting your data, enter a comma in the "Find What" box,
And then in the "Replace With" box,
Follow Dave's (<Ctrl <J) suggestion or mine (<Alt 0010).

Worked with the data you posted here.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"edspyhill01" wrote in message

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Or use ctrl-j

RagDyeR wrote:

Hold down <Alt,
And type
0010
Using the numbers on the Num keypad, *not* the numbers under the

function
keys.
--

HTH,

RD

"edspyhill01" wrote in message
I am trying to replace all commas with a newline character. What do I

put
in
the Replace field?

--

Dave Peterson

Neither solution worked. I'm using the "Find and Replace" menu under Edit
-- Replace. I have several fields in one cell separated by commas. I
would
like to substitute a new line character for each comma to create a short
list
in each cell.

Example:

From: