Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MyVeryOwnSelf

Default how to make a formula ignore blank cells

Thanks, Pete, but this still seems to assume the blank cell is zero -
if I put a space in between "". If I don't put a space, a Value error
appears. My Full formula reads

=Sum(IF(K3=M3,"1")+IF(K5=M5,"1")+IF(K7=M7,"1"))

- giving an answer of 3 even if cells are blank. I need the answer to
be 0 until scores are input. Any further suggestions?

It looks like maybe:
K3 = team score for game one
M3 = opponent score for game one
K5 & M5 likewise for game 2; and K7 and M7, for game 3

If so, maybe the following formulas will help
O3 contains points for win
=IF(K3&M3="","",2*(K3M3))
and copy down to row 5

P3 contains points for tie