guanto guanto is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hospital dietitian View Post
In Excel I am trying to track body weights over time for hospital patients,
linked with specific interventions on the row below. I would like to link
these 2 rows of data permanently so that when I sort based on intervention,
the body weight data will stay with the intervention.

I having similar troubles!

my potential solution is to somehow convert the related rows into objects (in my case i have 4-5 rows of 33 columns, and couple of hundred of these 4-row objects). then the sorting would be done by accessing certain attribute of the multi-row object, and have the result displayed in some other format as oppose to having them directly sorted. perhaps graphically or onto another sheet.

the other solution would be stuffing the 4 rows into 1 as the above poster suggested. i think that would be much more doable, but at the cost of being able to sort out certain relationship within the 4 rows.

anyone want to shed more light on how to continue with the first potential solution?

thanks,
guanto