Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Hours and minutes

Which one do you want, time or minutes? In either case, it's just addition:
=a1+a2+a3

The key is how you enter it. If you want your total in minutes, just enter
numbers, like 15, 30 and 90.
If you want your total in hours and minutes, enter hours and minutes, as in
0:15, 0:30, 1:30.

If, for some reason, you want to enter minutes, but display your total as a
time, then divide by the number of minutes in a day, as in:
=(a1+a2+a3)/24/60

Remember to format your result as a time.

Regards,
Fred.

"Eán" wrote in message
If I want to record time spent is there a function I can use to add time,
that is for example:

15mins + 30mins + 90mins = 2hrs 15mins or 135mins.

Please and thank you