Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Kubbybear18 Kubbybear18 is offline

Default How do I sort a table by last name and first name in Excel?

I have a table of business contacts that contains information such as last
name, first name, category, and company.

I would like to sort the table according to the last names, then first name,
then category, and finally company. I highlighted all the cells that have
information in them, then I used the "Sort" function in the "Data" menu. Then
I filled out the pop-up box with "sort by" - last name, "then by" - first
name, "then by" - category. Then I click "ok".

But only the "last name" column gets sorted, not the rest.

I would like to sort it by last name, first name, category, and then
company. But if I sorted each column separately, the last names don't match
with the first name and the rest of the other information.

Thank you.