Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dave Curtis[_2_] Dave Curtis[_2_] is offline

Default minor gridline labels

entHi,
I'll try and explain in more detail, or I' can email you the file.
Youll' need to download Rob Bovey's free chart labeller utility, which is a
great little add-in.
Assuming you want x-axis labels, I made a dummy series, consisiting of two
columns of numbers. The first contains the axis labels corresponding to your
minor tick marks,(in say C1:C20) the second all being zero, (in say D1:D20).
Add these to your chart as an x-y series to get a series along the x axis.
You can hide the points later.
Add a checkbox and link it to a suitable cell. Assume G1. Then, enter
another series in E1:E20 for the labels, by entering +IF($G$1,C1,"") and copy
down.
So checking the checkbox will turn these labels on and off.
Use Rob's chart labeller to label the dummy series and you should find using
the checkbox, you can turn the axis labels on and off.

Would it be easier if I sent you the file?

Dave

"NevilleT" wrote:

Hi Dave
Sounds interesting. Can I get some more information fron anywhere?

"Dave Curtis" wrote:

Hi Neville,

I do this using a dummy series, linked to a check box. Then I use Rob
Bovey's chart labeller for the dummy series.
Bit difficult to explain, but I have an eaxmple if you like.

Dave

"NevilleT" wrote:

Is it possible to display labels for minor gridlines? I want to try and do
it by using a button to select if they are displayed or not.