Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SQL2005_rocks SQL2005_rocks is offline

Default Pivot Tables should show actual name rather then "Column Labels"

Thanks Debra, that gets me "Country | State | City ..." but it still does
not show the name of the dimension ("Customer Geography"). How about a
better example: In AdventureWorks if you choose ShipDate.Calendar as a
dimension, Excell 2007 only shows: "Calander Year | Calendar Semester |
Calendar Quarter...". There is NO WAY to tell if this is the ShipDate or
OrderDate or any other date!

This seems like a show stopper Excel 2007 bug.

Tom

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Select a cell in the pivot table
On the ribbon, click PivotTable Tools, then click the Design tab
In the Layout group, click Report Layout
Choose Show in Outline Form or Show in Tabular Form

SQL2005_rocks wrote:
Why do Excel 2007 Pivot Tables show the text "Column Labels" and "Row Labels"
in the header rather than the actual name of the dimension fields in use?
I've found the "Field Headers" option / button to hide them, but Id really
like to see what is actually being used. This applies to printing too.

In other words, rather then:

Internet Sales Amount Column Labels
Row Labels 0-1 miles ...
Australia $1,322,953.97