Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mwillie15 Mwillie15 is offline

Default Formula inside a Pivot Table

Eduardo,

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, the data is from a database dump with
multiple columns. I figured this might be the case but I wanted to avoid
manipulating the data and do it via a pivot table. Thanks for the help.
Anyone else?

mwillie15

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
Why you don't have 2007 & 2008 in two different columns, in that way you
will be able to have a 3rd column with the difference

"Mwillie15" wrote:

Inside my raw data I have a series of sku's with qty sold (units) and sale
date (2007 and 2008) as follows:

SKU A 2 2007
SKU B 3 2007
SKU A 4 2008
SKU B 2 2008

When I create a pivot table, I have the sku as the row header and the two
years as the column headers. How can I calculate a thrid column that would
represent the difference? In the calculate field menu, I cannot figure out
how to create a formula that will calculate a result data that origninally is
in the same column.

Any suggestions?

mwillie15