Bruce Norris

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"Bruce Norris" wrote...
I want a formula in another cell to count how many values (text) appear
more than once in the range.

So...
- Values that appears only once in the list: Don't count.
- Values that appears more than once in the list: Count the value as 1.
- Blank cells: Don't count.

Another alternative,

=SUMPRODUCT((Rng<"")*(COUNTIF(Rng,Rng)1)/(COUNTIF(Rng,Rng)+(Rng="")))

That works too! Thanks, Harlan. I have to admit, I'm more used to Sumproduct
functions. Can you see any advantage to yours over the one Max offered?

Would you mind looking at my other question,
"How to countif involving another column"?

Thanks for all your time, Harlan.