Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John of Romsey Town John of Romsey Town is offline

Default Why does the research box keep popping up?

My Excel 2007 appears to have developed a fault.
After a few minutes of use (variable amount of time) the Research "search
for" box pops up by itself whenever I press a key or click on a cell. I can
turn if off again from the Review tab, but as soon as I press another key or
cell, it pops back up again. This makes Excel unusable and I am forced to
turn Excel off and on again, to allow another few minutes use before the bug
reappears. It happens with any spreadsheet.

This has only just started to happen after 1 year of use. I have no idea
what is causing it or how I cure the problem. Does anyone have any
experience of this? Should I reinstall Excel or is it something I am doing
wrong?

V grateful for advice

John