Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Deb Deb is offline

Default Time formula (difference of predicted and actual time)

I have a time formula in my spreedsheet. It is to calculate the difference
in a predicted time with the actual time. Time is entered as text eg. 14:00.
My formula is
=TEXT(A4-H4,"H:MM") OR
=TEXT(predicted time - actual time, "H:MM")

The formula works great if the actual time is prior to or equal to the
predicted time. However I cannot get a result for the time if the actual
time is later than the predicted time. I need the result to be -h,mm. If
you can help me accomplish this I would really appriceate it. Thank you