Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peg B Peg B is offline

Default how do I change the size of vertical scroll bar

Thanks...I appreciate all of your help!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nothing.

Some versions of excel will reset that used cell when you close/reopen. (I
forgot that!)

You could cheat.

Instead of putting something in the cell and deleting it, put something in the
cell and keep it there.

You could use a single apostrophe (') or even a formula that keeps the cell
looking empty (="").

Be aware that this will most likely cause trouble when you're printing--you'll
want to set the print range manually to exclude all the stuff you didn't
"really" use at the bottom.

Peg B wrote:

I've opened Excel, paged down, put some data in a cell, hit enter, then went
back to the cell and deleted. Then I've saved as book.xlt in the XL Start
folder. As soon as I hit save, it reverts back to the format with the big
scroll bar.

What am I doing wrong?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you have a workbook template named book.xlt in your XLStart folder, then
excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new icon
on the standard toolbar.

And you can do anything you want with the worksheets in book.xlt--include extend
the range to way past what excel would think.

And if you create another template file and name it Sheet.xlt (also in your
XLStart folder), then any new worksheet added to an existing workbook will
inherit whatever you have in that template file.

Peg B wrote:

This is helpful. However, do you know of a way to make that range a
"default"? My excel always opened with an ability to scroll down hundreds of
rows. Something happened when I pasted a copied excel spreadsheet into a new
worksheet. Now it is only allows me to scroll to the last row of the
worksheet.

"Peg B" wrote:

My vertical scroll bar only allows me to scroll to the last row that has data
in it. I want to be able to scroll down to any row I want, whether I have
data there or not.

I was able to do this until today. I copied an excel spreadsheet from a
word doc and pasted it into a new Excel workbook. Now the vertical scroll
bar only allows me to scroll to the last row with data. The mouse wheel will
let me scroll down further, but not the scroll bar.

How do I reset the scroll bar to become "small" so that I can scroll down
further?

--

Dave Peterson

--