Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Change label of an embedded-object icon

Thanks Bernie.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

hmm,

When you insert the object, select the "Create from file" tab, then check both "Link to file" and
"Display as icon" . Then you can use the "Change Icon" button, and edit the caption.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"hmm" wrote in message
I inserted a Microsoft Word file as an object on a worksheet, displayed as an
icon. The icon is labelled "Microsoft Word Document." I would like to give
it a more descriptive name, but could not figure out how. Selecting the icon
shows in the formula bar: =EMBED("Word.Document.8",""). Trying to change the
text between either pair of quotation marks gave me the error message "The
text you entered is not a valid reference or defined name."

How do I change the label of the embedded-object icon?