Michael J Seric Michael J Seric is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmry View Post
Have been working with the same Excel workbook for months. Today, when I
tried to open it, I found I could not maximize or resize the workbook.
The window control buttons (minimize, max, close) have disappeared and I
cannot get the resize arrow to appear so that I can resize it manually.

The workbook/worksheet is NOT protected and Full Screen view is NOT on.

Does anyone have any ideas other ideas on how I can restore resize
functionality to the workbook?

Mary
I'm not sure if this helps. But you can try it.

I just installed Microsoft Office for Mac - 2011.
As a result, I lost the bottom border of one of my most used workbooks. I also lost the bottom ribbon that allows me to move the columns horizontally. In addition, I lost the marker that allows me to manually resize the workbook.
I still could move the workbook around the screen but the view dimensions didn't change.

What was available to me was the top border of the workbook. I found out that if I grabbed this top border and crunched the whole workbook down toward the bottom of the screen, the vertical or up and down view of the workbook was resized. I just kept doing this until I got the vertical view I wanted with the bottom ribbon and manual resize marker both visible.