Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
basstbone basstbone is offline

Default Function Keys Not Working

I might have found something :)
from: http://www.blogdom.org/archives/000979.php

The keyboard has a feature (and associated button) called F-Lock. By
default, when the computer boots, F-Lock is turned on. In the F-Lock mode,
rather than sending the standard key commands for the function keys, the
keyboard sends special alternate commands (like print for F7 and save for F8)
that are configured in the iTouch program. In order to force the keyboard to
send the standard function key commands, you must TURN OFF F-Lock by pressing
the F-Lock button! Oh, and by the way, there are no indicator lights on the
keyboard, and the F-Lock button is an always up momentary button - just like
the keys on the keyboard, so there is no way to tell what state it is in,
other than by pressing it and then pressing an F key to see what happens!"

Any help?

"Heidi" wrote:

My function keys are all not working. For example, I can't use F1 to access
help or F7 to access spelling. They don't work in Word either. I've looked
in Excel Options and can't figure it out.

I'm using Microsoft Office 2007.

Thanks for your help.