Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Replace Line Feed

Here is a neat trick:

Use Find/Replace, but in the FindWhat field, hold down the ALT key type 010
and then release the ALT key. Enter your normal character in the Replace
field.

You can use this trick to replace a variety of non-type-able characters.
--
Gary''s Student

"nsv" wrote:

If you format a cell to wrap text, you can artificially put in a Line
Feed with ALT+ENTER. I you format back to unwrap, the Line Feed command
is shown as a square.

I have a spread sheet with a lot of Line Feeds, and I want them
replaced with semicolons, but they are quite elusive and I cannot eg.
put them into the search and replace function.

Anyone has a hint?

NSV

--
nsv