Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve G Steve G is offline

Default How do i get Excel not to drop my 1st zero (02360)

On Aug 10, 2:00 am, Yaesu Man <Yaesu
wrote:
I have been trying to type in zip codes that begin with the number 0 in the
the 1st number. How do I get it to stay in there?

I would go to format--cells--custom. In the rectangle below "type:"

enter 0##### - #### (do not put in the blank spaces--I am just
showiing it this way so you can read it) if you are using the full zip
code.

If you are using the 5-digit zip code, type 0#####

Then click okay. Format all cells like this that have a 5 digit zip
code or 9 digit zip code and not lose a digit if zero is the first
digit.

Steve G