Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vinnie123 vinnie123 is offline

Default can you fill only half of a cell

Kristen wrote:
I am trying to fill only half of a cell if I use a border that cuts the cell
in half. Is this even possible?

My goal - one cell equals a full hour/ I want a 1/2 cell to equal 1/2 hour.

Any thoughts?

It would be easier to use 2 cells side by side (eg. c4 and d4) and use
conditional formatting.

By setting the format of the first to be filled by a colour if it (or
relevant cell) is equal to 0.5 or 30min or less, and the second cell to
fill if equal to 1 or 60 min or less you should achieve your desired
effect ie .

(if the font and fill colour is the same you won't see the text.)