Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Cell text based on 4 condition test

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:40:09 -0500, "Bob Wall" wrote:

Excel 2003

I have 3 cells that I need to test for 4 possible conditions, and want to
have a nearby cell return text based on the test results:

Column C Column D
1 Realty 1 (can be any number 1 to 4)
2 Personal 0 (can be any number 0 to 3)
3 Business 0 (can be any number 0 to 10)

In a nearby cell, I'd like to have text returned based on the values entered
in cells D1, D2, and D3.

(D1 will always be at least one, so the text will always start with "Real
Estate")

Here are the conditions:
If D2 = 0 and D3 = 0, the text should read only "Real Estate"
If D2 0 and D3 = 0, the text should read "Real Estate & Personal Property"
if D2 = 0 and D3 0, the text output should be " Real Estate and Business
Interests"

lastly,
If D2 0 and D3 0, the text should read "Real Estate, Personal Property,
and Business Interests"

Going literally, as you have written it:

=IF(AND(D2=0,D3=0),"Real Estate",
IF(AND(D20,D3=0),"Real Estate & Personal Property",
IF(AND(D2=0,D30)," Real Estate and Business Interests",
IF(AND(D20,D30), "Real Estate, Personal Property, and Business interests"))))

--ron