Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Return to next row in first column when entering data in Excel

Of course you are correct on that point, I knew that and should have noted
it is the column you start in to which it will return.

And I bet the OP will do as I do once in a while where I hit accidentally
hit Enter instead of Tab and get the 'carriage return' effect but still have
info that needs to be put into that row. So I click back to the next cell
in the row and use Tab to finish entering data... and then hit Enter...
woops only goes back to that errant next row of the column where I hit Enter
mid way through.

You do your 'expletive deletes' and start over at the proper first column.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regard,
Howard

"DaddyRay" wrote in message
I am creating a list that that uses more columns than can be covered on the
screen. The problem is when the data is entered in the cell in the last
column, I need to return to the next row in the first column. Yet this
cell
and row is not visible to click onto. Is there a command like in Acess
that
will take me to the end of my list, ready to start another row of data. if
not, are there any suggestions to accomplish this?