Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default Insert newline in cell through formula (excel 2003)

I have 2003 and your formula works OK for me.
with the result being
if wrap is selected and
AB
if not.

what is your default font. it is acting like it is not recognizing the
Char(10)

"Bart Wouters" wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having troubles to simulate the alt+enter character into a formula of
excel 2003.

In previous versions, I could use something like

= "A" & char(10) & "B"

In this version, instead of displaying A and B in the same cell, on another
line, I get A (a square symbol/character) B.

If I'm doing a copy/paste special (values), I have the same display. If I
enter the cell using F2 and simply pressing Enter, the square character is
replaced by the newline.

What am I doing wrong ? Have to immediatly have the newline !

Thanks in advance !
Bart