Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Launchnet Launchnet is offline

Default How to open a new instance of Word and its .doc file

Here I am back with another question.

I need an Excel Macro that will open "MS Word" with a blank document shown.

Secondly, I need an Excel Macro that will open "MS Word with a "Named.doc"

Please see the two codes I have tried. Both will open Word, but neither will
display a blank document or a "Named.doc"

I copied the following ideas from 2 Macro's received so thankfully from Bob.

Sub NewWordOnly()
Dim oXL As Object
Set oXL = CreateObject("Word.Application")
oXL.Visible = True
oXL.BlankDocument.Add
End Sub

Sub NewWordWithDocument()
Dim oMS As Object
Dim oWD As Object

Set oMS = CreateObject("Word.Application")
oMS.Visible = True
Set oWD = oXL.BlankDocument.Open("C:\documents and settings\default\my
documents\travelagent.doc")

Please take a look at www.openoursite.com Click on: "Keywords" and then
Click on "Matt's Story" and if you are a man, you should be very happy that
you read my story. God Bless for everyones help.