Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
pj

Default Why does (blank) display on pivot table

Thanks Debra that worked perfectly.
What I need to do now in that same blank column is allow a user to enter a
number on the pivot table. I find that when I enter anything in one cell it
copies to every cell in that column. Is there a lock somewhere on it or is a
pivot table input prohibited?

Thanks again - PJ

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

The For empty cells show... setting controls cells in the data area.
For row and column headings, you can select a cell that says (Blank),
and type a space character on the keyboard. The cell will appear blank.

pj wrote:
I have created a pivot table and a couple of columns that I have used have no
data in them. However those columns are displaying (blank) in the pivot
table. I need it to not display anything so that once the pivot is printed
the field can be written in.

I have deleted all data in those columns, under 'options' I have checked
'For empty cells show...' and erased the field next to it but it still
displays in the pivot table as (blank).

Your thoughts...thanks

JP

--