Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline

Default Excel Workbook printing

Hello, I have set up Double sided printing as the default on the server so
that all print jobs will be double-sided unless single sided printing is
requested. This is working fine.

I have one user, however, that regularly prints "Entire Workbook". When he
selects the "Entire Workbook" then sets the printer preferences for Single
sided printing, only the first page prints single-sided and all the rest of
the job is double sided.

Even after I control click on all the tabs in the workbook and set the page
setup options for the printer to single-sided - then return to the worksheets
separately - it defaults back to double-sided printing.

When I create a clean two page job in Word or Excel - it all works as
expected. But when choosing Entire Workbook it defaults back to whatever the
server printer driver is set to.

Is this a limitation of Excel?

MG2
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Try selecting all sheets by right-click on first sheet tab and "Select all
sheets"

Set to single-sided for the group of sheets.

Then FilePrintActive Sheet(s)

Any better?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:04:02 -0800, MG2 wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline

Thanks Gord,

That looked really promising. Unfortunately, even after selecting all
sheets, configuring the page options to single-sided, then selecting all
sheets again, then printing active sheets - we still get the first page
single sided, the rest double-sided.

I think I will just have to create a single-sided printer on the print server.

However, I'm surprised that Excel cannot do this.

Marcina

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Have you tried changing it in the page setup? Also when the printer page pops
up, click the properties tab. I do this and have no problem changing what I
want to print. It could be the properties in the printer set up that you need
to change.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
MG2 MG2 is offline

Thanks but the solution that finally worked for me was to create another
printer on the print server - with single sided printing. Then, when the
client wanted to print single sided "whole" workbooks, they would just print
to the single-sided printing.

Nothing I did in Excel worked.
Thanks,
Marcina