Junior Member

Lightbulb paste text, auto text to clumns

Hi,

When I paste text (From SAP, save, file, in the clipboard ) into excel from the clipboard initially it will leave the text as-is, after which I am able to use 'text to columns', usibf the | to split the text. It works fine the first time.

Doing it the second time on the day, Excel 2007 will automatically perform 'text to columns', but doing it incorrectly. The minus (-) is disregarded, it will put this numbers in as text.

How can I control excel not to perform 'text to columns' automatically, when pasting text?

kind regards