Junior Member

Default Need a little help!

Hi guys,

I'm not exactly new to excel but what I'm going to ask could be considered as a newbie question.

So let's get things started.

Lets say I have something like :

Code:

Mr Patrick Yong (Chief Executive Officer)
Mr Yoshiro Furumi (Managing Director)
And the list goes on.

What I want know is, how do I remove the name leaving only their job title behind?

I actually want it to be replaced like below :

Code:
Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director
I have tried using find and replace where I find " ? (*) " and replace with "*". However, I do not think it's just possible as the whole thing would be replaced with * instead of the wildcard that is defined.

A little help guys?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Select the column.

DataText to ColumnsDelimited byOther(

NextNextDo not Import Column(skip)Finish

Now editreplace the remaining ) with nothing.

Gord

--------------------

Mr Patrick Yong (Chief Executive Officer)
Mr Yoshiro Furumi (Managing Director)

--------------------

And the list goes on.

What I want know is, how do I remove the name leaving only their job
title behind?

I actually want it to be replaced like below :

Code:
--------------------

Chief Executive Officer
Managing Director

--------------------

I have tried using find and replace where I find " ? (*) " and replace
with "*". However, I do not think it's just possible as the whole thing
would be replaced with * instead of the wildcard that is defined.

A little help guys?

Junior Member

Figured out the solution using a macro.

Another problem that I'm facing is I would like to extract postcodes from a line of address and all postcodes have 5 digits.

Hence from a small part from the worksheet:

Code:

Bukit Jalil Integrated Business Park, Mukim Petaling 58200 Kuala Lumpur
Kawasan Perusahaan Bangi, 43650 Bangi Selangor Darul Ehsan
No 2, Jalan Kuning, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru Johor Darul Takzim
Would like it to just appear as:

Code:
58200
43650
80400
Is there any wildcard for number only? I don't think it is possible to use a formula considering the position of the postcode varies from one cell to another. Any suggestions?