LMB

Default Return number of cells filled

Hi Guys,

Excel 2000. I have Cells B2 thru G2 available to be filled in with either a
1 or 0. Some of the cells are blank. I want to put a formula in cell H2
that will return the total cells that are filled in. Right now B2 has a 1
and C2 has a 0. I want H2 to return the number 2 or if it's possible 2/6
would be even better.

Thanks,
Linda

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=COUNT(B2:G2)&"/"&6

Biff

"LMB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Excel 2000. I have Cells B2 thru G2 available to be filled in with either
a 1 or 0. Some of the cells are blank. I want to put a formula in cell
H2 that will return the total cells that are filled in. Right now B2 has
a 1 and C2 has a 0. I want H2 to return the number 2 or if it's possible
2/6 would be even better.

Thanks,
Linda

LMB

Worked great! How about a %, can it convert to a percent too? I tried
changing the properties but that didn't work, I'll keep clicking...

Thanks,
Linda

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

Try this:

=COUNT(B2:G2)&"/"&6

Biff

"LMB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

Excel 2000. I have Cells B2 thru G2 available to be filled in with
either a 1 or 0. Some of the cells are blank. I want to put a formula
in cell H2 that will return the total cells that are filled in. Right
now B2 has a 1 and C2 has a 0. I want H2 to return the number 2 or if
it's possible 2/6 would be even better.

Thanks,
Linda

Max

Try: =TEXT(COUNT(B2:G2)/6,"0%")
which'll display the result in percentage to zero dp

For more on this "combining data",
try Debra's nice coverage at her:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html

--