Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
djc djc is offline

Default Conditional format using "Indirect"

I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

See your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"djc" wrote in message
I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT)
contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
djc djc is offline

My other thread has been deleted.
can you show show write the solution once more?
sorry abt that

"djc" wrote:

I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In your other post I asked you what does this mean in A1 reference style?

indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0

In other words, how would you write that in A1 reference style?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP