Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default add total only shaded cells

Hi everybody,

Can anyone help.
I have a formula that colors the cell which is less, how can I add only the
colored cells?

Example; Collumn "A" & Collumn "B" with 100 rows each, entered a formula
to highlight with a color the <cell. Is there a way to add the value of the
colored cell only?

Please help!
--
smile
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On 2 Dec., 19:46, israel wrote:
Hi

You can not sum by color, but you can use a sumif formula, and apply
the you used to color cells

Your formula could look like this:

=SUMIF(A1:B100,"<100")

Regards,
Per

Hi everybody,

Can anyone help. *
I have a formula that colors the cell which is less, how can I add only the
colored cells?

Example; Collumn "A" & Collumn "B" with 100 rows each, *entered a formula
to highlight with a color the <cell. *Is there a way to add the value of the
colored cell only?

Please help!
--
smile

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(((A1:A100<B1:B100)*A1:A100)+((B1:B100< A1:A100)*B1:B100))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP